Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Best Wedding I Ever Hosted

Gosh, one day of being back at work and in my messy apartment, and it's like the whole honeymoon never happened!  Routine, routine.

I've been a wife for all of 10 days now, and the first thing I've learned is that people do not like you to say that you are glad your wedding is over or describe it as catastrophic.  Don't get me wrong, it may have been the best wedding ever.  I know this because so many guests said it was the best wedding ever.  (Or maybe my friends are great with compliments.)  

What I mean is... I wish someone had told me how tricky it can be to have fun at your own wedding.  There are so many things to do and people to talk to and pictures to take and things that can go surprisingly and drastically wrong (but more on that later).  

So lest you think I'm a bad bride, allow me to present you with visual evidence of my wedding awesomeness.  I will also RE DO this entire thing once our photographer's pictures come in...but that will be weeks from now and who can wait that long? I can't without straining myself and passing out.  

In the meantime, fantastic snapshots from my friend Barry.


We started with a peaceful ranch.


Added some well dressed men.



Some pretty ladies.



And a couple in love.

And Devin's friend Todd, a newly appointed minister in the Universal Life Church.



What you can't tell in this picture is that I shocked and embarrassed myself by bursting into tears the moment I began to recite my vows. I swear, I was fine, I was fine, and then "I Briana, now take you Devin.... gwwaahhhhh" Where did that come from?

Afterwards, our photographer suggested waiting a short while for the light to improve before taking more pictures. So I released the wedding party into the wild, where they must have each had at least 2 drinks a piece, for when I called them all back to take pictures I found myself confronted with an unruly bunch!





And then there was dinner. And a much celebrated speech from my father (who apparently channeled Dudley Moore for the evening).



And then there was dancing, and drinks sloshing all over the place (but none hit my dress... ha cha cha!).

By the end of the night it was time to slice the wedding pie and serve it up with ice cream. The caterer provided us with the world's largest knife, which prompted me and Devin to ham it up with stabby murder faces.



Seeing the pictures now, I'm not sure stabby murder faces were the right move.

But then it was time for more kissing. Yay!

8 comments:

Tia said...

your wedding looks spectacular!

and i love your whole old-hollywood glam vibe. VERY chic.

congrats again!!!

Melissa said...

Awww you looked gorgeous :)

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous!!!!! Congrats!

Felicia said...

Oops, that last comment was from me.

Katelin said...

aw yay, it looks amazing. and you look gorgeous, love the hair piece. and the bridesmaids dresses are cute too, love it all. congrats again!! :)

Meghan said...

I'm so happy for you...and excited for me - I always wanted a sister!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.

And I gotta say that people don't reference Dudley Moore nearly often enough these days.

mindy said...

Adorable pictures. You look GORGEOUS! Congratulations!!