Thursday, October 9, 2008

Good News For Booze Enthusiasts

From the gmail labs: Mail Goggles. This application for your gmail aims to prevent you from sending drunk emails. The feature activates late at night, and forces you to complete a series of math problems before allowing you to send your alcohol-fueled, poorly typed and over emotional email to your ex, your long lost friend, your crush.

For more information, read here.

I was going to write something like "Why didn't they have this when I was still single?" But then I realized gmail didn't exist then either. And that I've actually never sent a drunk email. (Usually I prefer to embarrass myself in person.)

But anyway, I'm ever impressed by new technology. I want an application like this for iTunes. Something needs to stop me from getting drunk and downloading songs just because I liked them in 8th grade (See: Nada Surf's "Popular") or because I heard it on the radio earlier in the week and desperately needed to hear it again (See: Snoop Dogg "My Medicine").

6 comments:

JenBun said...

That's a horrible idea!

Drunk emails are SO funny to hear about from your friends!!

What will people blog about?!?

Unknown said...

I just wrote about iTunes problems!

And yes, I need this for my phone now. It'll make all my friends happy.

RochachaKelly said...

ha. Popular was my cell phone ring for a long time. :)

JulieGong said...

i don't think i've ever sent a drunk email. drunk texting is a whole other story. do something about that because who really sends drunk emails?

Katelin said...

this is awesome, haha.

nicole antoinette said...

There needs to be a version of that for drunk texting.